QIIB Security Awareness
Qatar International Islamic Bank is committed in protecting Customer personal information. However; Cyber-attacks, fraud and stealing personal identity is increasing rapidly. It is worth noting that security against fraud is a shared responsibility.
QIIB is providing and implementing the best Cyber Security measures and controls. Besides that, customer's commitment to some security measures is also required while using QIIB Internet Services.
Security measures has been developed in order to protect our customers from becoming victims of fraud.
This awareness supplies our customers with essential security tips as well as additional resources and guidelines to follow in case if you believe your information has been compromised.
Keep your Personal & Private information confidential
- Don’t disclose personal information through email, such as your identity number (ID or Passport), birthdate. Unless if it is being requested by official and trusted entities.
- Don’t share your private information through messaging services or in e-mails, even if they are sent from people you know well or think you may know.
- Don’t disclose or share financial information or other sensitive information with any one such as password, OTP, PIN, or Credit Card number. Also, do not respond to emails or phone calls entreaty for this information. Remember; QIIB would never ask for these details.
- Do report the lost or stolen checks or credit/Debit cards immediately
- Do Report any suspicious activity on your bank’s accounts or through the internet and the mobile banking applications.
QIIB Contact Details, Website and Mobile Application
- Don't send sensitive information over the internet before checking a website's security. Pay attention to the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of a website. Look for URLs that begin with "https" — an indication that sites are secure — rather than "http.”
- If you are unsure whether an email request is legitimate, try to verify it by contacting QIIB directly. Do not use contact information provided on a website connected to the request; instead, you should immediately call Hotline (+974) 44840005 and report the incident to the bank.
- Never access QIIB online banking site from a link in an e-mail. The email may be phishing email
- Every time you want to use Internet Banking, you should type https://www.qiib.com.qa/ in the address (URL) bar of your browser (or by ensuring that you mark https://www.qiib.com.qa/ to your favorite list of websites on your browser)
- Fake mobile applications that look like the authentic legitimate ones can be created easily by attackers, which allow the attackers to steal your password and other sensitive information. Therefore; ensure that applications are downloaded from trusted application stores such as the App Store and Google Play
QIIB Mobile/ Internet Banking – Account Password:
- Don’t use same password for QIIB Online Banking account and your social media or emails or any other online access that require a password.
- Don’t use the password auto-save option on your browser
- Don’t use personal information while creating passwords
- Use complex and unique password from your other account’s passwords.
- Change your password regularly
Credit/ Debit Cards- PIN Security:
- Don’t Share or disclose PIN with anyone
- Don’t write your PIN on the card
- Don’t use identical number such as (3333) or consecutive such as (4567). Also, don’t use personal and special number such birthday or anniversary date
- Use different PIN for each Card
QIIB Mobile/ Internet Banking- Login:
- Don’t use public Wi-fi while accessing your Mobile or Internet Banking
- Don’t perform banking transactions on publicly accessible computers such as those in library, coffee-shops, hotels or airports.
- Don’t perform banking transactions on devices that have out of date anti-virus or anti-spam products.
- Clear your browser cache after online sessions
- Remember to log-off after online sessions
- Keep updating the operating system on your smartphone or computer and ensure it updated with the latest version.
Use ATMs Machines:
- While using the ATMs machine, be aware of your surrounding and of any suspicious activities around the machine
- Always check the ATMs Machine for any attached device before using it such as; card skimmer
- While using the ATMs Machine, don't accept assistance from any strangers
- Prevent others from seeing your details while doing any transaction or PIN code while using debit/credit cards
- If your card captured in ATM use alternative channels (Mobile banking or Contact Center) to block your card before you leave the ATM
Use Debit/Credit CARDs
In Store Transactions:
- Always check the Card reader at the retail outlet before using it (if you notice any sort of tampering or suspicious wire/object (on the card inlet immediately stop the transaction and report to the Bank.
- While doing any In-store payment, ensure that you are the one who is using the card
- Don’t share your PIN with anyone
- Hide your CVC/ CVV number by putting a sticker on it
- Use only trusted and secure websites when you are paying online.
- When you receive OTP message always verify the transaction amount and merchant details before entering the security code in the website.
- Avoid giving card information’s through email or phone.
Keeping your registered mobile number updated with us:
In order to keep you notified on important events for extra protection of your online security. Also, in order to reach to you in any suspicious activity over your bank accounts. A valid and updated mobile number must be registered with QIIB.
To update your Mobile Number, please visit any of our branches.